Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 8 Apple 2

4:30 pm

Day 8 Apple 2

I consumed apple two at work and I will also eat apple three at work. While I thought all my apples today were Fuji, a Gala apple slipped in there some how. I think Gala apples maybe my second favorite apple. They are slightly sweet but quite juicy, which I enjoy. Many people have said to me, "It's just three apples a day it can not be that bad." I will be the first to tell you it is much harder than you think. I still have to eat apple three for today and I am dreading it. You are constantly full and NEVER feel like eating another apple, much less anything else. It has also been suggested to me to do many different things with the apples. I feel this takes away from the spirit of the bet and the diet. I don't think it will really serve it's purpose if you don't stay true to the diet and eat three whole apples everyday.

2 comments:

  1. I was there, Johnny. Granting in advance that my memory is fallible, my recollection is that he suggested you might eat apple slices with carmel sauce or peanut butter. His only proscription was apple sauce. It sounds like you have rewritten the bet in your mind. Besides, unless you are eating the core, seeds, and stem, you are not eating the "whole apple" anyway. You are only eating the part everyone normally eats. Feel free to give yourself a break and mix it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the suggestions were far more intense then just dipping in sauces. People suggested things like making a pie with three apples or an apple smoothie.

    ReplyDelete